The-whole-gang

Alpha Phi Omega – Leadership, Friendship, and Service

The-whole-gangHello everyone!  Spring is finally here, and this weekend I felt blessed spending time outside enjoying the sun.  I am in a national co-ed service fraternity called Alpha Phi Omega, and this weekend was our active overnight-er  where our fraternity spends the night at a local camp. 534922_10200854018183019_645077033_n This year we went to Pine Creek Camp near Pine Creek, IN – about a half hour drive from West Lafayette.  We spent the day helping with projects that needed completed around the camp, such as cleaning cabins, building a fire pit, smoothing terrain, and building benches.  After we completed our service, we played softball and soccer in the beautiful weather, which was tons of fun.  As the day ended, we spent it enjoying a bonfire, making s’mores, and listening to Scout’s Own, a ceremony where graduating seniors give advice to the chapter.  I am always amazed by how great it feels getting outside doing service projects and taking a break from the stresses of college life.  It was great enjoying Mother Nature and bonding with my fellow brothers. I am so excited for next year and the projects to come!

If you’re interested in joining Alpha Phi Omega, feel free to contact us!  Check the website for rush events upcoming this Fall 2013 semester.  If you like being outdoors, bonding with friends, and contributing to your community, be sure to give APO a try.

Purdue University APO Alpha Gamma Chapter