Gaining Professional Experience as a College Student

Stairway to Success
Currently, I am a senior in the College of Science and since my sophomore year, I have gained much experience beyond the classroom. Working for Purdue University has not only aided me in gaining a professional upper hand, but has also instilled Boilermaker pride within me.

For the past two years, I have worked for Earhart Hall as a front desk clerk. Here, I was able to converse with and help people of diverse backgrounds. communication skills are key in corporate America and being able to convey a message to a diverse set of people is critical. Professionalism around your peers is very different than when around well-established staff and parents alike. While working in the residence hall, I learned how to approach professionals working in this university. Many great connections can be made for your future when you understand how to socialize in a professional environment.

At the beginning of this summer, I began working for the Vice President of Student Affairs office. I could ramble on and on about the opportunities that have come from working here. I challenge every student to make your mark here at Purdue University.

Remember: only you can keep yourself from reaching new heights.

BOILER UP!!!