Purdue Musical Organizations

Ashlaé Nelms aims to be the Voice of McDonald’s

Ashlaé Nelms Voice of McDonald'sAshlaé Nelms is not your ordinary McDonald’s employee. She’s a sophomore in Computer Graphics Technology, a member and featured soloist in PMO’s Purduettes, and one of only 16 global semi-finalists for the Voice of McDonald’s competition later this month in Orlando.

It all started with a surprise at this year’s Purdue Christmas Show. After the Saturday matinee performance, Nelms was surprised by a visit from the Voice of McDonald’s show producers who filmed her reaction to news that she was one of 3 U.S. semi-finalists for the employees only talent contest.

I found out 60,000 people put in a video worldwide, and I made the top 25. It’s been amazing to see the support of the PMO family, my biological family and my crew. I met Don Thompson, the CEO and president of McDonald’s. He is a Purdue grad, and he told me “It’s about time a Purdue student got in this competition.”

-Nelms in a Journal and Courier interview

Cast your vote for Ashlaé in the fan competition now. The Fan Favorite wins $5,000 and the overall winner will receive $25,000. All finalists will receive professional voice coaching, photo shoots, voice-overs, music industry workshop, and a private audition with casting executives at Disney Studios in Orlando.

Good luck, Ashlaé!

Purduettes feat. Ashlaé Nelms – Fly Me to the Moon (Homecoming 2012)