purdue mall students

Purdue Student Life Made Easy: Here’s 5 More!

As a follow up to our Student Life Made Easy series, here are 5 more ideas for settling into life at Purdue.

1. Bowling, Pool and Moreracknroll

Purdue Bowling Alley

During my first week of classes I didn’t have much homework to do and my friends and I wanted to do something fun. Since we were tired of eating pizza throughout BGR, we decided to explore some fine dining places. If only we knew at the time about the ‘glow-in-the dark bowling’ along with trending music, and laser lights at the Union Rack and Roll at the basement of Purdue Memorial Union! If you haven’t already, then go check it out today!

You can also reserve the Union Rack and Roll for a private event – maybe your next birthday party?  Food maybe catered from Purdue Memorial Union Catering and Events, Villa Pizza™, La Salsa Fresh Mexican Grill™ and Pappy’s—The Original Sweet Shop.

2. Midnight Cravings Anyone?

hungry

I’m not quite sure about how others feel about eating dinner around 6:00pm, but it never keeps my tummy full until next morning. Especially when I am studying late at night, without fail there’s that moment when I start looking through my cabinets for food.

Surf the web, talk with friends, study or watch one of the four flat-screen plasma TVs, and while you enjoy delicacies at Harrison Grillé or Cary Knight Spot Grill where you can pay using cash, Dining Dollars, BoilerExpress, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.

3. Tour the Town

purdue trolley

If you aren’t from around the area and are new at Purdue, then The Wabash Trolley Line is an excellent way to tour the town within 50 minutes for FREE for all riders! While enjoying the trolley ride you might consider checking out many of the amazing public art galleries and shops available in Lafayette and West Lafayette.

If you’re struggling to find a parking spot on campus during a Football Home Game you can park free in Downtown Lafayette and ride back to campus on the trolley!

4. Learn How to Fly

flying wendy

Nope! You go to Purdue right? Then you probably know what I’m about to tell you!

I’m talking about flying one of these beauties! I know right! Ever seen one of these flying above campus and wondered if you could be in one of them. You could be!

aviation

From air traffic control to NextGen aviation research, the Department of Aviation Technology is leading the way to produce the best graduates and best knowledge in the aviation and aerospace industry. A part of the department’s success is its top-of-the-line fleet that includes almost two dozen airplanes and several virtual training simulators.

You could get your second undergraduate degree in Aeronautical Engineering Technology, Aviation Management or  Professional Flight!

5. Free Movies

Your favorite movie is releasing this week but what if you have an early morning exam you need to cram for?  Perhaps you are midst the busiest week of the semester and have all your assignments due at the same time! Or else, lets say you loved a movie so much that you want to watch it again and want your friends to watch it too! Then you needn’t worry because with your PUID you can watch all your favorite Flicks at Fowler Hall located in Stewart Center.

surprised

Hold on, there’s more!! Grab a blanket, your favorite food and your best friends and head over to Slayter Hill to watch movies, again for FREE! Didn’t you believe me when I told you about the year long supply of free stuff?

Comments